Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Turns out I did not have school Thursday or Friday, which was great. I don´t really like school. Well I mean I do, but only for the people and not for what I am learning because I don´t understand anything (although I`m sure it`ll come soon..)
Wednesday night I had a party at my school for September 15th, and they played music and had food. I had to leave early though for another party with my Rotary, at one of the Rotex members` home. It was pretty fun because I got to see some of the other exchange students I usually don´t get to see.
On Thursday I had a soccer game. We won, and it was one of the most boring games I have ever played. At night my family and I went to my Aunt´s house for a fiesta. We were supposed to dress up in traditional clothing, so I wore a blouse with beautiful stiches and my hair in braids with ribbon. My cousins were there, and their friends and I also brought another exchange student from Germany. It was really cool because they had a bull that sets off fireworks and you need to run away from (very traditional) and then I also danced salsa. It was fun to just hang out and experience the Mexican culture.
The rest of the weekend was mainly filled with staying at home and family time. On Sunday we went to a city where they have so many objects made of marble I was amazed. There are these stores, that just have shelves upon shelves of marble objects that are beautiful. Even the floors were made from marble tiles!
This week I still have school, and then this weekend I am going to Zacatlan. It´s supposed to be beautful, and I am excited. I will fill you in once I return.

God Bless,
Max 

No comments:

Post a Comment