Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ixtapa

Hello Hello!


I have been sun kissed and thoroughly washed by the ocean for about two weeks now and it feels amazing. The US has had their Spring Break a few weeks ago, and lucky me I just started my two weeks this past Monday. I was lucky enough to start it even a week earlier, due to my trip to the beach with Rotex and other exchange students. Friday we spent the majority of the day on the bus. It was a very, very long car ride but we made it to Ixtapa just in time for a delicious late lunch. The rest of the day and following days was spent playing vollyball on the beach, splashing around the pool and drowning in the ocean. It was a nice break from a large city such as Puebla. We went to a SeƱor Frogs the first night, and some club where only the exchange students were allowed in the following night. We danced the night away, many of the students complaining about their sun burn. Lucky for me, my parents taught me well and I applied enough sun screen to not leave Ixtapa like a lobster. Sunday we only had a little bit of time for the beach and ocean and before we knew it we were all squished on the bus awaiting the dreaded drive back home. We all survived though; arriving late and exhausted at 1 in the morning. The following Monday I didn't go to school for obvious reasons. Tuesday and Wednesday my grade was taking an exam for college so I only stopped by to check in with a teacher and lucky us they canceled Thursday and Friday so we all got an early start to our Semana Santa vacation which I am currently enjoying. The other day I made Tirimisu for my family, as I am getting ready to change into my third and final family any day now. I am both excited and nervous, but as I am learning change is good, so I am looking forward to adapt once again. I hope everyone had a great Spring Break, and I wish you all a Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment