Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Gracias Mexico..

Hello for the final time. I know I said I would be updating as soon as I had gotten home but I've been busy here at home (I don't remember mentioning this earlier but I was only here for two weeks and I am off to Germany soon; tomorrow, actually). So my life has been pretty crazy.


I would first like to talk about the trip we were on, La Ruta Maya. I am not going to go into as much detail as I did for La Ruta de Independencia but I am going to highlight my favorite parts. 


Tulum-Is a beautiful set of ruins that are close to the water. Nobody would really be able to find them because they were so deep into the forest and then surrounded by water...truly beautiful. 


Los Lagos de Montabella-Were probably one of my favorite stops on this whole trip. We were at this gorgeous lake that was such a deep blue throughout the entire lake and surrounded by mountains. We swam to and island and got to jump off this sort of cliff (it wasn't that deep but still exciting!) 


Palenque-Was another set of pyramids that also impressed me. There were lots of natives selling beautiful leather with either the Mayan or Aztec Calenders painted onto them and lots of other little useless but awesome things. I bought some key chains made of beads that I thought were really cool.


Now the other great thing about this trip was just being able to see everyone for the last time. It was a rather set trip in that aspect, but we all survived and are doing well. The last week I was in Puebla went by in a blur: I had to say bye to my three families and all of my friends. One of the hardest things was being in Puebla when most of my fellow exchange students had left...Puebla had changed and although I didn't want to go home, it was time. I can't believe I am already home...nothing had changed except for me. It was really great having my car, house and family back but after being home a few days I can honestly say it felt like I had never left. 


I would just like to encourage anyone and everyone reading this blog to do an exchange if they have the divine opportunity to do so. I have come back a changed person, and have memories that cannot be replaced. 


Like I had said earlier, I am off to tackle a new adventure, college in Germany. I feel like my life is passing me by in the fast lane but it's okay, I will survive and just have to enjoy the ride. Thank you for reading my blog and sharing my wonderful experience of being an exchange student with Rotary International in Mexico 2011-2012. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment