Monday, August 22, 2011

First Orientation Survived...check!

This weekend I had my first orientation for District 4180. It took place in Las Estacas, Guarnavaca. It is very beautiful there, and we stayed in a little resort that was surrounded by mountains and has a gorgeous natural park. Most of the students met in he parking lot of Mega, which is I believe a supermarket. After boarding the bus it was a two hour drive till we arrived. On Friday and Saturday we had a bunch of meetings about the Rotex trips, the Mayan trip and what we can expect while here and what we need to do (such as sending a monthly report in order to receive our money, etc.) I was fairly psyched to meet so many people who spoke German! It made me feel at home, which was a nice twist from he norm. I also had five fellow Americans, two of which I was proud to say hey were the first I've met from Alaska and New York! I was pretty stoked...yes so Saturday night we gave presentations about our countries as a group and then Sunday we were allowed to go swimming in the pRk. It was really neat because everything was very natural, especially the chilling water in the clear river that circled the park. We all really enjoyed jumping off of these swings that swang over the rover, and I especially enjoyed the back flip I did off of it, even though the lifeguard whistled at me after I returned to the surface....ha oops. There was also a natural pool area where you could jump into next to a waterfall, which was also cool. That's basically how he weekend went, and I'm really looking forward to hanging out with Lea, a girl who lives about 10 min from my house. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment