Thursday, August 18, 2011

School and Soccer and a Big City, Oh My!

My last update was a tad vage, and I apologize for that and promise that this one will be better. It's almost been a week since I arrived, and time does fly. It's been almost a week since I was laying in my bed, balling my eyes out because everything was new and I couldn't understand anything. I still don't understand much but my new friends have helped me get back on my feet.
My first day of school was Monday. The school that I am attending is about 7 min, by car, from my house. UPAEP is a chain of many schools. It has three levels, and is built sort of like a corridor in a hotel but one side is left open so the sun can shine in at 8 in the morning, after i've had my first class at 7. The classes are very different from the ones at Plymouth High. Here, they really focus on what you want to do after high school, so many classes are specified. Here, they only have 3 years of high school instead of 4. School usually ends around 1:30 and afterwards I go to one of the many Universities of UPAEP to play soccer with a new friend of mine, who loves soccer as much as I do. Practice is till 3:30, so we are always a little late but I love it none the less. Afterwards, my father picks me up and drops me off at home. Today I was informed thouh that I need to take the us from now on because he can't always leave work to come get me...this will be a whole new adventure.
Now about my family. I have 2 sisters; Citlali and Alejandra. Citlali is 25 and was there when I arrived but Alejandra was in Chiuaua visiting her grandparents and arrived yesterday. My parents, Raul and Elva don't know any English so it's been a wonderful game of sharrades since I have arrived. I also have a little dog named Chiste (which is also gum in Spanish) and she loves to run after her little pink balk after i've kicked it. I apsis have a maid/helper nd her name is Flora and she is a very sweet lady.
I believe that is about everything that has happened so far...Oh yes. Tomorrow I have my orientation with the other exchange students from this area. I have not met any, except for a girl who is in a grade below me in school and she is from...Japan? Ha I forgot...yes so tomorrow through Sunday is my orientation and we are going to a very beautiful ciy, or so I've been told. I think that's about all!
Hasta luego,
Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment